This is a great soup for eating in the evening combining anti-inflammatory herbs and vegetables and providing a nutritious meal and soothing properties for the digestive system. You will sleep well and wake up full of energy! If you find this soup too light as an evening meal, simply eat alongside a portion of omega 3 fatty fish (salmon, sardines, herring, mackerel, anchovies).
Personally, suffering from fructose malabsorption I just leave out the broccoli from the recipe, if there are any vegetables that you don’t digest well (we are all different) or simply don’t like, just leave them out. Enjoy!
- 2 leeks
- 1 bag baby spinach (about 125g)
- 1 bunch kale (100g)
- 200g Broccoli (including stalks)
- 1cm fresh ginger root
- 100g Reishi mushrooms (or 2tbs Reishi mushroom powder)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbs Extra virgin Olive oil
- Chop all vegetables roughly and sauté in olive oil until slightly softened.
- Add 1 litre of water, bring to boil.
- When vegetables are cooked through, use handheld blender to blend together to form a smooth texture (extra water can also be used at this point if needed) add turmeric and salt to taste.
- Also if you have used the powder Reishi mushroom option, it can be added at this point.
Super Star Ingredients!
Leeks are packed with vitamins A, K1, Copper, B6 and contains manganese - good for reducing PMS symptoms and promoting thyroid health.
From the Allium vegetable family (including onions and garlic), leeks contain compounds that help lower inflammation and protect heart health
Spinach is a nutrient powerhouse! Rich in vitamins A, C, K1, calcium, iron, folic acid and fibre. It is one the of richest dietary sources of the antioxidant Quercetin, known to reduce inflammation and boost the body’s immune system.
3. REISHI MUSHROOMS
Reishi mushrooms are said to have stronger anti-inflammatory properties than aspirin and may help reduce blood pressure. Also a good source of copper, B vitamins & Phytonutrients.